- Fabric Technology
- Size Guide
- Product Enquiry
Salt Light Coastal Sailing Jacket.
The Salt Light Jacket is made for versatile use on the water. Designed with the classic Helly Hansen flag stripe originating from the Helly Hansen jackets used by the first Norwegian Whitbread entry, the Berge Viking. The iconic stripe is a classic Marine sign-off and with HELLY TECH® Performance fabric 2 ply fabrication, this jacket has what it takes to keep you dry and warm. Packed with the right features such as a high protective collar and stealth seals in the cuffs. This jacket offers top functionality while allowing you to take to the fjords in style.
EXPLORE ALL FEATURES:
- Helly Tech® Performance
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable
- 2 ply fabric construction
- Fully seam sealed
- Durable Water Repellency treatment (DWR)
- Lined for comfort
- Tonal hood
- Adjustable hood
- Single storm flap front opening
- YKK® Aquaguard® water resistant center front zip
- Fleece collar
- Solas reflective elements
- One hand adjustable hem
- Articulated sleeves
- Kill cord D-ring
- Hanger loop
HELLY TECH FABRIC TECHNOLOGY
Helly Tech® is a tough weatherproof outer layer, specially designed for the harshest conditions. It is a combination of a DWR-treated outer fabric, a highly breathable and waterproof membrane, and often a highly breathable inner fabric, mesh or lining.
The windproof and waterproof outer membrane keeps water out, keeping you dry, and protects you from powerful winds and piercing temperatures. The unique material is also breathable, allowing sweat vapour out, keeping you dry and comfortable.
Before washing your Helly Tech® garment:
– Make sure you zip up all zippers to avoid any surface damage.
– Wash your product with warm water as instructed on the care label in a commercial washing machine.
– Do not use fabric softener or other detergents that have softening agents, as it will reduce the fabric surface tension and will have a negative effect on the fabric performance.
– HH advises to use a technical washing product and to follow the instructions given by that product. In cases where no technical washing products exist, and you only have the option of normal washing products, HH advice is to use a liquid washing product with no additives (without perfume, foam or softener).
– A second rinse cycle with water is preferred to remove any detergents that might be left behind on the surface. It is important to remove excess detergent, as it might affect the performance of the fabric.
– After washing, you can safely tumble dry your Helly Tech® garment in order to re-activate the DWR treatment. Please always follow the garment care label for drying instructions.
Please refer to our Size Guides page
Link can be found in the footer (at the bottom of the page)