- Fabric Technology
- Size Guide
- Product Enquiry
Salt Coastal Sailing Jacket.
Fully featured sailing jacket for coastal sailing. Designed based on the iconic Helly Hansen flag stripe first used in the sailing jackets made for the Norwegian 1981 Whitbread Around The World entry “Berge Viking”. The Salt Coastal Jacket is a modern sailing jacket made from waterproof and breathable Helly Tech® fabric and has the key coastal jacket features with double cuffs, a high protective collar with high vis hood and Solas rated reflective patches.
EXPLORE ALL FEATURES:
- Helly Tech® Performance
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable
- 2-ply fabric construction
- Fully seam sealed
- Durable Water Repellency (DWR) treatment
- Quick dry mesh lining
- Lower back reinforcement
- Adjustable, stowable, hi vis hood
- Double storm flap
- Profiled high, fleece lined collar
- Adjustable double cuff seals
- Solas-approved reflective elements
- Chest pockets with YKK® Aquaguard® water resistant zip
- Fleece-lined dual hand pockets with brushed lining
- Cargo pockets
- Articulated sleeves for optimal mobility
- Adjustable hem with drawcord
- Hanger loop
HELLY TECH FABRIC TECHNOLOGY
Helly Tech® is a tough weatherproof outer layer, specially designed for the harshest conditions. It is a combination of a DWR-treated outer fabric, a highly breathable and waterproof membrane, and often a highly breathable inner fabric, mesh or lining.
The windproof and waterproof outer membrane keeps water out, keeping you dry, and protects you from powerful winds and piercing temperatures. The unique material is also breathable, allowing sweat vapour out, keeping you dry and comfortable.
Before washing your Helly Tech® garment:
– Make sure you zip up all zippers to avoid any surface damage.
– Wash your product with warm water as instructed on the care label in a commercial washing machine.
– Do not use fabric softener or other detergents that have softening agents, as it will reduce the fabric surface tension and will have a negative effect on the fabric performance.
– HH advises to use a technical washing product and to follow the instructions given by that product. In cases where no technical washing products exist, and you only have the option of normal washing products, HH advice is to use a liquid washing product with no additives (without perfume, foam or softener).
– A second rinse cycle with water is preferred to remove any detergents that might be left behind on the surface. It is important to remove excess detergent, as it might affect the performance of the fabric.
– After washing, you can safely tumble dry your Helly Tech® garment in order to re-activate the DWR treatment. Please always follow the garment care label for drying instructions.
Please refer to our Size Guides page
Link can be found in the footer (at the bottom of the page)