- Technical Information
- Available Colours
- Product Enquiry
Designed for exterior application above the waterline, Awlwood Primer is part of a high-performing Primer & Clear Finish system that adheres directly to wood. As natural color fades, this primer helps to establish a permanent rich base colour.
Good to know
- Formulated to deeply penetrate the grain/wood, even in tropical hardwoods, and thus give longer lasting color stability and improved system adhesion.
- Flex-Link polymer technology ensures the primer has a chemical affinity for the wood and locks directly onto the wood structure.
- Flex-Link polymer technology gives superior flexibility and unrivaled resistance to delamination at damage points.
- Penetrates deep into the wood grain allowing the natural color and grain of the wood to shine through.
- Contains high performance colorants that impregnate the wood structure to mimic the tonings of the natural wood colorants.
- As the natural color of the wood fades due to white light, colorants take over and retain their initial color leaving the wood with a rich appearance.
- Can be applied in a wide range of temperatures and humidities.
Awlwood Clear Gloss System technical data sheet: https://specialtycoatings.brand.akzonobel.com/m/70046a52d62c3a1f/original/Awlwood_Clear_Gloss_eng_A4_20210219.pdf
Awlwood Primer System technical data sheet: https://specialtycoatings.brand.akzonobel.com/m/79f02302af9b8c3c/original/Awlwood_Primer_eng_A4_20210619.pdf
Cleaners and Reducers technical data sheet: